Born in Taiwan. Graduated from Design Products, Royal College of Art in 2012. A highly motivated and enthusiastic entrepreneur with a good knowledge of engineering and design. Exposure to woodcraft, metalwork, and various functional products, including an innovative new milk steamer and an alternative extreme sport equipment – Stair-Rover.
His works had exhibited in ‘Formosa Show‘ in London Design Week 2011, ‘Homeless Design‘ in Salone Internazionale del Mobile di Milano 2012, ‘Pininfarina in London 2012‘, ‘Design with heart’ by Sebastian Bergne – Biennale Internationale Design Saint-Étienne 2013 – Cité du design and ‘Mastering Design‘ exhibition at MUDAC in Lausanne 2013 to 2014. 2012, the STAIR ROVER project was ranked as ‘The Best Design Video of the Year’ by Dezeen and was shortlisted in ‘vimeo Stuff Pick.’ He was noted as ‘the Renaissance man‘ by Dwell Asia Magazine in 2012 and was selected in ‘Star Product Designers’ by Loft Publications in 2013. In the same year, he grained the seed funding of ‘WAVE 6‘ from RCA Incubator supported by NESTA, and now he is the director and co-founder of Stair-Rover Ltd.
“I need to push the idea forward, not just through the design of appearance but through the true invention in new mechanics at the same time.” PoChih has been encouraged to explore the intersection of function, beauty and intelligence while he studied at RCA. He believes that usefulness should never be subservient to self-expression. PoChih values design as integral to communication, not merely as empty visual stimulation.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
– ‘Mastering Design’ exhibition at MUDAC in Lausanne
– ‘Design with heart’ by Sebastian Bergne – Biennale Internationale Design Saint-Étienne 2013 – Cité du design
– Co-Founder of Stair-Rover Ltd.
– RCA Incubator Wave 6 shortlisted
– InnovationRCA Entrepreneur’s Launchpad 2012
– Graduate from MA Design Products, Royal College of Art, London
– Pininfarina Design Competition Show in Italian Cultural institution, UK
– ShowRCA 2012 in Battersea, London
– WIP Show in Henry Moore Gallery, London - Homeless Design Project selected in Salone del Mobile 2012, Italy
– Hitachi Beyond Grey Workshop
– Formosa Show 100, London
– WIP Show in Henry Moore Gallery, London
– Critical Visualisation Workshop - Enroll at MA Design Products, Royal College of Art, London
– Study in HDG Non-profit Experimental Woodworking School, Taiwan
– the Rock Plan II, Eastern Furniture Design Seminar III
– Military service
– Graduate from BSc Industrial Design, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan - Taiwan Young Designers’ Exhibition 07
– Practice in Diamond Interior Design Studio
– :phonk studio workshop 2006
– Work in HAM Gallery
– Practice in Fuzu Design Studio
– Enroll at BSc Industrial Design, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan